Celebrating means “remembering, illustrating or extolling facts or personalities.”
Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags does not wish to celebrate its 100th edition with the sole purpose of looking at the past and decrying the present. It does so with the intention of thanking all those who have made this successful experience possible (institutions, trade associations, exhibitors, buyers), but above all to learn from what has already been and further improve its event so as to prepare it for the challenges of the future.
The 100th edition is the perfect opportunity to ‘take stock’ of an event that started with 12 exhibitors and now has more than 1,300 industry players. Which hosts the leading manufacturers of volume footwear (and not only) who showcase their know-how in the service of international brands.
An event that began as a showcase and has become, over time, a real driving force for the entire footwear and, today, accessories sector. An event capable of stimulating the market thanks to its appointments that, for 8 days a year, become the center of exchanges of volume footwear and accessories, and in recent years also of products with higher added value.
If it is as true as it is that the world comes to Riva del Garda, it comes there not out of curiosity, but to do the footwear business, to learn about trends, and to delve into the main themes of the industry.
THE LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Then the question almost begs to be asked: how do you resist for 100 editions the changes in the market?
The answer is not simple, but it is clear: by taking care of buyers first, ensuring a variety of well-thought-out offerings, a shopping experience that meets their needs, and offering wide-ranging services.
Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags wants to remain the preferred platform for matching supply and demand, but it also wants to provide evolved tools to address business. We mention only a few initiatives that from the experience of the past look boldly and decisively to the future:
· The Innovation Retail Village, which at each edition presents the retail world with innovative services in which it can invest to renew its business and lay the foundations for tomorrow’s success.
· The digitization of the Fair Catalog, which is now interactive and can help operators filter the offerings at the fair to organize visits and identify the best partners with respect to what they are looking for, and to move around the fair thanks to the interactive map.
· Comprehensive assistance with practical travel and accommodation arrangements thanks to On The Go, the travel agency dedicated to trade show operators.
· The Incoming Program, a specific program designed to be of support to buyers who want to visit the event for the first time. An initiative that makes use of an extensive network of delegates present in more than 60 countries and therefore close to the target markets. Which deeply knows the needs of local distribution.
· Trend analysis. Precisely on the occasion of the 100th edition, for the first time, trends will be discussed at Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags. A dedicated area, called Highlights, and developed in collaboration with publishing house and school Arsutoria. It will highlight a selection of exhibitors’ bags and accessories (starting in June also footwear) to provide concrete indications regarding the most current consumer trends and organized into four macro themes: men’s, women’s, unisex and business. A space where in-depth speeches will also be hosted, always on the theme of trends and consumption.
But back to the celebrations. The birthday of Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags will be celebrated during both editions in 2024, with the intention of involving the entire community that revolves around the fair, even those who do not attend both editions due to seasonality issues.
Among the main events planned we highlight:
– The Press Conference that the top management of Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags will hold on December 6 in Rome, at the Ministry of Business and Made in Italy, in the presence of journalists from international press and Italian government institutions.
– The Inauguration of the event that will take place on January 13, 2024 in the presence of important national and local institutions from politics and the industry.
– The Celebration Night on January 14, 2024. A true gala that will be celebrated together with all those who have made Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags possible by participating in many of the 100 editions.
– The presentation of a short film and a photographic exhibition tracing the five decades of the event’s history.
– The creation of a monograph, to be presented for the June edition of the show, with testimonials, protagonists and experiences of these 100 editions, which aims to offer an immersion in the unique history of Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags.
– Various set-ups in town to pay homage to the location that twice a year welcomes the footwear and accessories community.
Here it becomes clear how unmissable the 100th edition of Expo Riva Schuh & Gardabags is, which will be held January 13-16, 2024.