Momad Shoes ready to welcome 5 thousand visitorsFrom 2 to 4 March 2018 at IFEMA in Madrid

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in: , Fairs & Events



At a press conference held at the Hotel Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan on 24 October, the event of reference for Spanish footwear announced the programme and dates for 2018: 2-4 March, when Momad Shoes will be presented on its own, and 7-9 September, when it will be held in conjunction with Momad Metropolis, the event dedicated to apparel. At the March edition, the Feria de Madrid will host more than 200 exhibitors, representing 400 brands of footwear and accessories, which will present to the public of professionals the new collections for Fall/Winter 2018-19. Thus, the 8,400 net square metres of exhibition space in Halls 4 and 6 of IFEMA will be divided up according to product type into different sectors: Urban & Young, Contemporary, Metro Area, Kids, Casual, Accessories, and Sustainable Experience.

Momad Shoes expects to welcome more than 5 thousand visitors, 90 percent of which will be Spanish in origin, thus underlining the importance of the event for the Spanish market of footwear. The remaining 10% of foreign visitors will arrive above all from Portugal (33.4%), France (8.4%) and Italy (3.9%), but also from outside Europe and especially from the countries of the Pacific Alliance: Chile, Mexico, Columbia and Peru. Moreover, for some time now, Momad Shoes has hosted an important international buyers’ programme, which at the September 2017 edition saw the participation of 30 important buyers and agents representing around twenty different foreign companies.

At the press conference, Mr. Jaime de la Figuera, Director of Momad, emphasized the importance of Momad Shoes for Spanish and foreign companies interested in having an exclusive venue that allows their products to reach Latin American markets; up-and-coming markets with a great and mostly untapped potential.

Miss Rocío Gámez, Commercial Manager of Momad Shoes, instead underlined the event’s overall value, which is enriched by live fashion shows, awards, forums and in-depth conferences: “Momad Shoes wants to offer professional visitors not only an important opportunity for doing business, but also an in-depth experience, thanks to its rich programme of collateral activities”.

You might be interested in
Shoesroom by Momad makes its debut

Shoesroom by Momad makes its debut

With a ‘showroom’ format, the new event dedicated to quality and contemporary Spanish footwear will be held from 1 to 3 March 2019, in the striking post-industrial location of La N@ve in Madrid.