Grisport, another “green” production facilityFounded in 1977 and specialised in the production of trekking shoes, Grisport celebrates its 40th anniversary by inaugurating a new important productive platform in Castelcucco, which is designed in accordance with eco-sustainable architectural guidelines and a spirit of innovation.

Mar 27, 2018
Posted in: , From companies , News


The new facility, designed by architect Marco Mauro Schiavo, adds 15,000 square metres to the already existing 25,000-square-metre facility, inserting itself into the delicate ecosystem of the Pedemontana hills with a project of low environmental impact. Partially built underground, the structure’s sedum roof is covered with succulent plants that create a compact green expanse that is resistant to climatic changes and prolonged exposure to sunlight.grisport_nuovoplesso_render-002

There are many advantages to this new green roof: it adds an insulating layer, acts as soundproofing, collects rainwater, produces oxygen, offers the ideal habitat to birds and butterflies, and improves the aesthetics of a surface that is usually not used. Moreover, its 700 square metres help to diminish the facility’s environmental impact, while generating a process that purifies the air and stores around 14 litres of water per square metre. Even the west-facing side of the pavilion of 100 square linear metres has been lightened by a striking glass profile that frames the slanted green expanse of the roof: the final result is spectacular, perfectly merging a modern and futuristic design with the surrounding naturalistic landscape.

The choice of a low-impact structure is also in line with the mission first undertaken by Grisport in 2009 when the company, a pioneer in Italy, invested in the creation of an extensive system of glass photovoltaic panels on the rooves of its production facilities. This has allowed the company to generate 70% of the clean energy needed to produce Grisport footwear, with around 850mila Kw/h in electricity generated annually, cutting back on its carbon dioxide emissions by 500 tons, which would normally require the equivalent of 1,000,000-square-metres of forest to absorb it.

The new complex replaces the one from the 80’s, modernising the productive process with technological installations that optimise the circulation of production in an ideal work environment. Moreover, the productive platform is directly connected to the logistics platform through an innovative product transfer system that also functions vertically.

Considered one of the top ranking 50 brands of SME’s to have experienced the most growth in Italy, Grisport recorded 158 million euros in turnover in 2016, the year in which it also won the Outdoor Footwear brand of the Year award.

Over the years, Grisport has focused on its own brand and diversified its production of trekking shoes by creating the City and Safety lines, with 25% of its production destined for the Italian market and the remaining 75% for foreign sales. In recent years, the company has striven to promote the brand’s image in every nation, while maintaining the heart and the head of the brand in Italy, with a product that is proud of its Made in Italy origins: “We have always primarily focused on offering a good quality-price ratio: our aim is to offer a comfortable and high quality shoe at an average price. With these features, it is possible to conquer customer loyalty – declares Gianni Grigolato, marketing director of Grisport – In 2017, we celebrated 40 years from the date in which the company was officially registered. An important milestone, especially when considering our company has not only held steady, but has even further fortified itself, despite the persisting crisis in our sector”.scout-2-grisport


Founded in 1977 by two brothers, Graziano and Mario Grigolato, as a company specialised in the artisanal production of trekking […]

You might be interested in
Debut collection for Thread

Debut collection for Thread

Elegance, comfort, and craft workmanship are the distinctive traits characterising the first collection of the Made in Italy brand headed by Thushini Fernando, a young designer of Sri Lankan origins.