The first custom outdoor shoeForges’ fit is fully pre-shaped around a brand new anatomical last designed by Tecnica and customised in store thanks to the thermoformable materials present in the key areas that need greater comfort and hold: the heel, the arch and the ankle.
Founded in 1960 by Giancarlo Zanatta, Tecnica started its activity manufacturing work and outdoor shoes, soon becoming a global leader in footwear design and development.
Today, it defends this position in the trekking world by proposing Forge, a new trekking shoe collection that is able to provide a precise anatomical fit customised for the user right out of the box. It’s the first customizable solution on the market and uses the C.A.S. (Custom Adaptive Shape) technology, which is totally innovative in the footwear sector and has been previously used by Tecnica for the creation of alpine ski boots. The fit is completely customisable in only 20 minutes at specialized retailers.
Forges’ fit is fully pre-shaped around a brand new anatomical last designed by Tecnica and customised in store thanks to the thermoformable materials present in the key areas that need greater comfort and hold: the heel, the arch and the ankle. Besides, there is a thermoformable anatomical footbed, able to perfectly adjust to the instep and to the arch support. The process uses a patent-pending, custom designed system that heats and compresses the boot, completely adjusting it to the foot.
Some characteristics that make the new Forge collection unique:
• A new overlap cuff design that reduces the pressure points on the medial malleolar pad
• Self-locking laces and high-tenacity Kevlar loops. Thanks to the characteristic rugged surface of the laces it’s possible to obtain a micro-adjustability that won’t release while walking.
• Gore-Tex® liners: the highest level of waterproofness and breathability.
• Adaptive Sole System: a unique bottom unit where oversized lugs are reversed to increase the contact of the rubber with the surface. Thanks to the triple density midsole, the lugs move adjusting to the variations of the terrain.
• Vibram® Megagrip compound: the highest level of grip and durability on all kinds of terrain.
• Women’s specific lasts, with a reduced volume in the heel and forefoot.